If a user forgets the password for their managed Google account (for example, their G Suite or Cloud Identity account), or if you think their account has been compromised, you can reset their password from the Google Admin console.
Change a password
Reset a users's password
As an administrator, you can reset users’ passwords to maintain account security.
To reset a user’s password:
In your Google Admin console (at admin.google.com)…
- Go to Users.
- In the Users list, find the user. If you need help, see Find a user account.
- Hover over the user you want to reset the password for and click Reset password at the right.You can also find this option at the top-left of the user’s account page.Note: To see either of these options, you must be signed in with an administrator account that has reset password privileges.
- Click Password Reset Password.
- Choose to automatically generate the password or enter a password.By default, password minimum length is 8 characters. You can change password requirements for your organization.
- (Optional) To view the password, click Preview .
- (Optional) Ask the user to change the new password the next time they sign in.
- Click Reset.
- (Optional) To paste the password somewhere, such as in a Hangouts Chat conversation with the user, click Click to copy password.
- (Optional) Allow the user to recover their own password.
- Choose to email the password to the user, or click Done.
Reset an Administrators Password
If you can’t sign in to the Admin console and need to reset your own administrator password, see Reset your administrator password.